Time for a Good Book
January is the perfect Month to start a good book, the evenings are still dark and there is nothing quite like curling up on the sofa under a blanket with a story.
All the Fairies love a good book so here we have a few recommendations for you, but feel free to let us know your favorite below.
Here is our list of Must Reads.
- Save With Jamie - Jamie Oliver - Although a cooking book isn’t the conventional evening read, I love looking up new recipes and learning to cook with seasonal ingredients. Jamie Oliver is definitely my favourite go to chef and am never in the kitchen without his paperback cooking advice, this book teaches us techniques to help save time and money, ensuring we keep our food waste to a minimum!
- IT - Stephen King - Disco Holly’s book of choice, it’s a classic horror novel, brought out in 1986 this scary story is not for the faint hearted. I recommend reading this book with a pillow to hand as you may need to hide from the terrifying tale! - if you have a fear of clowns... avoid this book!
- The Beach - Alex Garland - It's set in Thailand and beautifully written by an english author. its a epic story about a young traveller backpacking to find a legendary, idyllic and isolated beach untouched by tourism. A compulsive read which gets dark at times is a perfect winter read as you imagine beautiful scenery, a white sandy beach, perfect escapism!
- The China Study by T. Colin Campbell - it’s a nutrition book that examines the relationship between the consumption of animal products and illnesses. Disco Bridget is a vegetarian with a keen interest in health and nutrition and loves using the book as a go to point of reference
- American Gods - Neil Gaiman - This is an award-winning novel, it is a blend of Americana, fantasy, and various strands of ancient and modern mythology, all centring on the mysterious and taciturn Shadow. Several of the themes touched upon in the book were previously glimpsed in The Sandman Comic Book series.
From Horror stories to reference books us Fairies have a wide range of preferences when it comes to our books of choice. You can guarantee we all use a Disco Beads Bookmark so we dont lose where we left off!
So whats your favorite book?
If you can't pick, what are you reading at the moment?
Let us know in the comments below